Memorandum of Agreement
Between XXX, United States
And XXX, P.R. China
In the spirit of the previous memorandum of agreement already in effect between our two institutions, regarding Exchange of Students, XXX University and XXX University enter into this updated agreement, replacing the previous student exchange agreement.
- XXX University agrees to accept up to ten qualified students per academic year from XXX University as visiting, non-degree seeking students for up to one academic year of study. These students must have satisfactory academic records as determined by XXX and demonstrated proficiency in English (undergraduates must earn XXX TOEFL score, XXX IELTS score or successfully pass the XXX English Proficiency test, graduate students must earn XXX TEOFL score or XXX IELTS score); their credentials must be submitted to the Office of Enrollment Services for evaluation. All required admissions materials must be sent to XXX by May 1st for fall semester enrollment and December 1st for spring semester enrollment. XXX will accept all credits earned at XXX towards degree requirements at XXX. Undergraduate students who participate in this program will receive a visiting undergraduate international student scholarship. Graduate students participating in this program will not receive any scholarship. Students will pay applicable housing fees to XXX University. Students will reside in one of the double or quadruple occupancy University residence halls with heat and air-conditioning. Students will not be required to pay any application fee and will not be required to purchase a meal plan. Students will be responsible for providing for their meals. Students are required to pay for their own health insurance costs at XXX University. Visiting students will not be required to provide a WES evaluation for admission purposes; however, an evaluation must be on file from the partner university indicating that it is regionally accredited. Students interested in matriculating into a degree-seeking program at XXX will be required to submit a course-by-course WES evaluation (if transfer of credit is being requested) or degree-verification evaluation. XXX will provide academic advising and supervision to help these students achieve success. All students shall be subject to the policies, regulations, and procedures of XXX.
- Fees for 2015-2016 are as follows (fees change annually):
|Undergraduate Tuition (per semester, up to 18 credit hours)||$|
|Visiting Undergraduate International Student Scholarship (per semester)||$|
|Net-Undergraduate Tuition (Amount student pays per semester)||$|
|Graduate Tuition (9 credit hours per semester)||$|
|Housing (per semester, estimated as determined by hall chosen)||$|
|Insurance (prorated per day, per semester estimate)||$|
- All students demonstrating English proficiency through the XXX English Proficiency Test will be required to take a minimum of two English as a Second Language courses each semester. Students may be required to take more than two depending on their proficiency level as determined by their results on the XXX English proficiency Test. Undergraduate students may take no fewer than twelve credit hours per semester. Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of nine credit hours. Each student will work with an academic advisor to build a class schedule that is satisfactory to both parties.
- All students participating in the visiting student program shall arrive and depart the US as one group. Students planning on enrolling for one year shall commence their program in the fall semester. Transportation from the airport to the University will be provided to students arriving the Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday before classes start. All students must attend a mandatory orientation the week before classes start. Failure to arrive on time may result in extra fees, pre-built class schedule, and transportation to the University at the student’s expense. XXX reserves the right to defer to the next semester students who cannot begin on-time the semester for which they applied.
- XXX will host XXX students and faculty who come to XXX as a group or as individuals to study, conduct research, or engage in other professional development activities. XXX will provide housing, airport transfers, access to facilities, and other support for officially sponsored visitors from XXX. Specifics of such programs shall be detailed as an annex to this Memorandum of Agreement upon mutual written approval from both parties.
- XXX agrees to accept two visiting scholars per year in the spring semester from XXX. More may be accepted upon request and availability. Scholars visiting during the fall semester will be responsible for their own housing arrangements. Application instructions will be sent on request. For visiting scholars participating in a program during the spring semester, XXX will provide lodging and airport transfer free of charge, and assist visiting scholars to pursue their research while at XXX.
- This agreement will go into effect on the date of signature, and will remain in effect for three years with provisions for annual changes to terms specified in article 2, at which time it may be renewed by the mutual action of the parties. Either party may terminate the agreement with three months’ written advance notice. If either exercises that option, students already participating in the exchange will be allowed to complete their studies at the host institution under the terms of agreement in effect at the time of their acceptance into the program.
- All provisions of the agreement are subject to the laws of both countries, especially export control laws of the United States. Any provision that is contrary to said laws shall be null and void. The remaining provisions shall be in full force and effect if the balance of the agreement can be carried forward in the manner anticipated by the parties.
XXX Ph.D. XXX Ph.D.
XXX University XXX University
中国XXX大学 美国XXX 大学
XXX 博士 XXX 博士